- Amazon is hiring 3,000 customer service associates.
- Employees living within 50 miles of a customer service location can work from home.
- The new Amazon jobs are part-time and seasonal.
Amazon just keeps on growing, and they keep on hiring. Now, the e-commerce behemoth has announced it will hire 3,000 people to work from home.
The company has posted a job listing for customer service associates, which are part-time, seasonal workers.
Check Out: 40 Legit Companies That Will Pay You To Work From Home
Amazon Work-From-Home Jobs: What You Need to Know
Before you decide to apply to work remotely with Amazon, enlightening customers as to whether that shiny new electronic device is supposed to come with batteries or how they can return Aunt Martha’s holiday gift, there are a few things to consider. Here’s what you should know about the Amazon remote job posting:
- You have to live within 50 miles of an Amazon customer service site. These sites are located in: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
- The pay rate for these Amazon jobs is $15 an hour.
- You will work 20 to 29 hours a week, with more hours as needed. You could work as many as 60 hours a week during peak periods, with time and a half for hours over 40 per week.
- After 90 days, you’ll be eligible for the company health care plan.
- You’ll need to have reliable internet service and a distraction-free work space.
Find Out Where: Working From Home Is Soaring in These 13 Cities
If you’re looking for an Amazon career in other fields, the company offers other work-from-home opportunities. Positions such as customer service team manager and bilingual technical support specialists are available, too.
To get an income a boost without overextending yourself, learn how to match your side hustle with how much free time you’ve got.
More on Jobs and Money
- The Savings Behind Being a Work-at-Home Mom
- Amazon Jobs Aren’t Always Worth the Hype — Here’s Why
- How to Set Career and Financial Goals You’ll Actually Achieve
- Watch: How One Millennial Turned His Photography Passion Into a Profitable Business
We make money easy. Get weekly email updates, including expert advice to help you Live Richer™.
This article originally appeared on GOBankingRates.com: Amazon Offers 3,000 Work-From-Home Jobs, but There’s a Big Catch