I’ll just come out and say it. The best way to avoid being suspended by Google is: DON’T BE SKETCHY. There are multiple factors that go into not being sketchy, especially with multifaceted campaigns like those on YouTube. Allow me to give tell why your being suspended, and give you 4 Solutions To Get Your YouTube Ad Approved.
How Do I Know If My Ads Are Approved?
If you go to All Video Ads, then click on the Ads tab at the top of the screen, a list of your video ads will pop up. Next to the ad it will tell you if the ad has been approved or not. If it has been disapproved it will tell you why. In this case the video has no content. That is because we have taken those videos off our YouTube channel, so they no longer exist.
Get Your YouTube Ad Approved
Frankly, there are industries that Google doesn’t like. Some industries have a reputation for not having the customers best interest in mind. Here are some of the industries that Google is hardest on…
- Weight Loss/ Diet Pills
- Financial Investing
- Real Estate Investing
- Any Get Rich Scheme
What do these industries have in common? They promise something that they can’t necessarily fulfill. Much of what they are promising is not easy to accomplish, but they offer simple solutions.
Let me stress that many companies in these industries are not sketchy. We work with multiple companies in these industries. Their ads don’t get disapproved and they have a positive ROI. The difference between the industry and these clients is that they are offering true value. They are selling their expertise and the right way of doing something. If you want to beat an industry reputation do not offer a quick solution. Instead offer value based on your experience. Teach the right way to do something, don’t offer shortcuts.
If you want to beat an industry reputation do not offer a quick solution. Instead offer value based on your experience. Teach the right way to do something, don’t offer shortcuts.Me
Is Your Ad Approved, But Still Not Effective?
Download our Video Formula PDF Guide to create and effective YouTube video ad
Get Access Now
Value Is Important To Get Your YouTube Ad Approved
- Ads demonstrate little unique value to users
- Promotions that represent you, your products, or your services in a way that is not accurate, realistic, or truthful
- Be specific in each aspect of your ad. Your video ad, your headline, your landing page video, and your offer needs to show what you’re truly going to do for the customer. At Video Power our offer is not vague. We do not say we will make you more money. We are specific, we will drive targeted traffic to increase sales.
- Avoid gimmicks. Your video should show the value of your product. Your hook, your promotion, and your CTA should all build the value of your product. Gimmicks are a no no. Examples…
- make a million dollars a day
- lose 400 pounds in a week
Avoid Looking Like Spam
Most people live by the credo if it looks like spam, it probably is spam. I know I do after I once bought a 300 dollar puppy off an online ad, and the puppy never came. Google lives by this credo as well. They cite some of their main concerns as…
- counterfeit goods
- dangerous products or services
- products or services that enable dishonest behavior.
For this reason they will not approve, “promotions that prompt users to initiate a purchase, download, or other commitment without first providing all relevant information and obtaining the user’s explicit consent.” The last thing Google wants is a million people waiting for a puppy… like me.
- Take the time to develop a quality video with a quality offer. If it looks sketchy you will be put in the dangerous goods, products, or services category by association. Here is an example of a quality ad that shows value…
- Be transparent. The best ads and landing pages tell exactly what your purpose is. Why is the customer there? What you want them to do? What will their information will be used for? If you are asking for their email address, tell them exactly what they get by giving you their email and what their email will be used for.
- Your URL must be from your website. Keep your landing pages associated to your website. Google hates it if the website is just a landing page. For example google does not always approve lead page URL’s (ex. www.leadpages.videopower.org). That page isn’t real by the way. So don’t click on it. A good url would be like the one for our YouTube Advertising Course… http://videopower.org/products/youtube-advertising-lp-pp
Check Out Our YouTube Advertising Course To Start Growing Your Business Get Access Now
Do You Find It Difficult To Scale Your Online Marketing
Check Out Our YouTube Advertising Course To Start Growing Your Business
Get Access Now
This is pretty self explanatory. Google wants you to avoid the following..
- hatred; violence; harassment; racial; sexual, religious, or political intolerance, or organizations with such views; content that’s likely to shock or disgust; content that’s exploitative or appears to unfairly capitalize at the expense of others
Dont be afraid to test. Some of you may not see your content as inappropriate. You also may think it is funny, or classy enough to not be inappropriate. Try testing different landing pages and videos to see what headlines, content, and offers get approved. Testing will also help discern what landing pages work best.
Here are some examples of appropriate inappropriateness…
There are a number of resources that Google gives us to keep our ads approved. I would recommend using this post first because reading Google’s stuff is sometimes a daunting task. If you want more info on their policies, here is a list of resources that could help your when trying to get your YouTube ads approved
Adwords Policies: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/6008942
The Approval Process: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722120
Fixing Dissaproved Ads: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6080541
Your Ad Is Approved, But You Still Need Help
Let us help you grow your campaign, hit your goals, and get your desired result