Sundays are traditionally a day when banks in the U.S. are closed. However, plenty of financial institutions are open and can fulfill your banking needs. Check this list to see if your financial institution is among some of the best banks in the U.S. open on Sunday.
See: 10 Best National Banks of 2017
Banks and Credit Unions Open on Sunday
If you’re looking for a bank open on Sunday, then seeking out in-store branches is your best bet. Banks with branches in retail stores and supermarkets such as ShopRite, Meijer and Ralphs tend to be open on Sunday. Walmart is among the best places to go if you need bank that’s open for services on the weekends. Bank opening hours on Sunday vary from morning to noon, and closing hours from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. Call ahead to confirm.
Related: 20 Perks of Direct Deposit
Here are banks that are open on a Sunday:
- Academy Bank: Many bank locations within a Walmart are open Sunday, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- American National Bank: The Beaver Dam Walmart Supercenter office is open Sunday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- American Savings Bank: Ala Moana Center, Ewa, Hokulei Village, Kahului, Kailua-Kona, Makiki and Waipahu branch locations are open, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on Sunday; Honolulu Walmart, Kehalani Foodland, Waipio Gentry Foodland, Waipouli Foodland, Pearl City Foodland, Market City Foodland, Windward City Shopping Center, Nanakuli Sack N Save, and Stadium Marketplace Sack N Save branch locations are all open Sunday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Bank of America: ShopRite branches of Bank of America open on Sunday and have bank hours from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Bank National Association: Walmart location in McAlester, Okla. is open 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Bank of Kirksville: The Kirksville Walmart location is open 1 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- Central National Bank: Gardner Walmart, Great Bend Walmart, Lawrence Walmart, Manhattan Walmart, Salina Walmart, Topeka Walmart locations are open Sundays from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Citizens Bank: Many branches are open on Sunday 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Giant Eagle in-store branches are open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Acme supermarket branches are open 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Kroger and some other supermarket branches are open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Country Bank: Ludlow Big Y and Ware Walmart locations are open 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Cumberland Valley National Bank & Trust Company: The London, Ky. Walmart SuperCenter location is open 1 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Denali Federal Credit Union: Walmart branches are open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
- Dime Bank: The ShopRite location in New London, Conn. is open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Farmers and Merchants Bank: The Greenmount Walmart location is open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- First Citizens Community Bank: The Mansfield, Pa. Walmart location is open 11:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- First Community Bank: All Walmart locations are open 9:30 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- First Convenience Bank: In-store locations are open Sunday; H-E-B and Walmart in-store branches are open noon to 4 p.m.
- First National Bank of Texas: Walmart and other in-store locations are generally open Sunday, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- First National Bank of Waterloo: Walmart and Schnuck’s banking center locations open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Sunday.
- First State Bank & Trust: The Walmart branch in Fremont, Neb. is open 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- 1st Source Bank: The in-store locations are typically open on Sunday, including Martin’s Super Market bank branches, which are open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- 1st Summit Bank: Altoona Walmart, Greensburg and Johnstown Walmart offices are open 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- FSNB: The Dover Air Force Base location in Delaware is open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday; Sheppard Air Force Base in Texas open 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.; The Post Exchange bank location in Fort Sill, Okla. is open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Sundays.
- Guaranty Bank: Walmart locations are open noon to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- Huntington Bank: Meijer in-store branches are open 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday.
- IBC Bank: Most branches and all in-store locations are open Sundays from 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Jersey Shore State Bank: The branch inside Oval Country Store in Jersey Shore, Pa. open 8:30 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- L&N Federal Credit Union: The bank locations inside a Walmart are open 12 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- PNC Bank: Many in-store locations are open, including ShopRite branches, which are open 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Service Credit Union: Branches located inside a Walmart are open 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Triumph Community Bank: The Davenport bank office open and Moline City Line Plaza office are open on Sundays, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- United Bank: Supermarket branches open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- U.S. Bank: Ralphs locations are open Sunday, 12 p.m. to 5 p.m.
- Wells Fargo: While grocery shopping on a Sunday, you’ll find in-store locations for Wells Fargo open; Wells Fargo branches in Ralphs supermarkets are open 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.; Fiesta locations are open 11 am. to 3 p.m.
- Woodforest National Bank: Walmart bank locations are open Sunday, 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Find Out: Every Type of Check Fraud You Have to Worry About